Victims and Survivors of Crime Week 2023 Excellence Awards: Nomination Criteria and Process
Current status: Closed
Thank you for your interest in the 2023 Victims and Survivors of Crime Week Excellence Award nominations. The call for nominations is now closed.
The 2023 Excellence Award recipients will be announced on Monday, May 15, 2023.
Closing date for submission of nominations: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time.
If you do not receive a confirmation within one week of your application submission, please email email@example.com.
Justice Canada is currently seeking nominations for the following categories:
- Excellence in Victim Service Award (Seventh Annual)
- Excellence in Volunteer Victim Service Award (Fourth Annual)
- Excellence in Victim-Centered Policing Award (Fourth Annual)
- Excellence in Legal Practice and Victim Support Award (Fourth Annual)
The chosen recipients will be announced during the virtual Victims Week opening event on Monday, May 15, 2023.
Each nomination must include the following documentation:
- The nomination form. The nomination form requires the following information:
- Comprehensive contact information for both the nominee and nominator including name, position/title, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- A biography providing background information about the nominee including biographical information, as well as specific chronological information regarding education, work and volunteer experience, skills, major achievements, recognitions, etc. (maximum of 1550 total words)
- A nomination overview that includes specific information about the nominee, detailing how their work or efforts demonstrate a significant contribution to improving the experience of victims and survivors of crime in Canada (maximum of 1400 total words).
- Two or three letters of support that convey the nominee’s achievements as they relate to the award criteria. These letters need to provide additional information and add value to the nomination and/or provide concrete examples that support the nomination. Letters of support from the nominee or their family members will not be accepted (maximum of 1000 words per letter).
- A photo of the nominee. This photo is required and will be used to present the nominee at the award ceremony. Please note that photos will not be shown to the selection committee during the selection process.
Terms and Conditions
- All documents must be submitted in an electronic format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Victims Week website.
- Nominations will be considered complete once all required documentation is submitted (nomination form, 2-3 letters of support, and photo of the nominee).
- All required documentation must be received before the nomination closing date: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time.
- An attestation that the nominee is aware of the nomination and consents to you sharing their contact information with the Government of Canada and the arm’s length selection committee, who will be bound by a confidentiality agreement, must be included in the nomination form. (Note: the personal information provided will be treated in accordance with the Privacy Act.)
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to ensure that the nomination is complete. Only complete nominations will be considered by the selection committee.
- Only ’REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION’ as listed above will be accepted. Additional materials will not be considered by the selection committee.
- Only one nomination per candidate will be accepted. If more than one nomination is submitted for the same individual, only the first complete nomination received will be considered by the selection committee.
- Previously submitted nominations for nominees that did not receive the award can be re-submitted for consideration. In such cases, it is required that the documentation submitted be updated with information that was not previously included.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominators will be informed of the selection committee’s decision in May 2023.
Please send the completed nomination package to the following email address: email@example.com
Should there be any issues fulfilling any of the requirements, please let us know and we will see what we can do to help.
- Date modified: